An international media project serving Russian-language audiences is looking for experienced media professionals to work as a Duty Editors in its Prague office. This position requires at least 3 years of experience in the Eurasia-serving media as well as great editorial and communication skills. Working as a part of a busy small team, you will have to demonstrate a sound news judgement, an ability to commission, fact-check and edit news stories as well as longer text formats, multimedia and social media content.
Working with remote teams, you will need great communication skills: a good ear to understand their needs and the ability to explain yours.
If you are a native level Russian-speaker, fluent/professional in at least one other regional language and have a good knowledge of English, and if you are at ease with writing and editing for a variety of platforms, then … send your CV and motivational letter to email@example.com – in Russian or English languages not later than 20 May 2018. Candidates with residencies/work permits in Czech Republic and/or the EU/EEA citizenship have strong preference in the selection process. Applications will be reviewed on first come – first serve basis and the selection may end before the deadline.
Expected start date: June 2018.
Expected level of employment: full-time.
- To plan, process and distribute content created in various countries in Eurasian region, coordinate and manage the creation of new content as well as contribute to the development of new, innovative formats for the web.
- To perform and manage the processing of everyday media content, by fact, copyright and editorial policy compliance checking.
- To monitor daily region’s news and prepare daily newsletters for media and businesses.
- To coordinate with your colleagues at the Central newsroom and to participate in mid-term and long-term planning of editorial agenda.
- To write and rewrite original and adapted stories from and about the Eurasian region.
- Contribute to the statistics and audience data collection of the created content.
- Contribute to knowledge-sharing environment of the project.
Knowledge and expertise:
- At least 3 years’ combined experience as a newsroom Journalist/editor and/or correspondent.
- Proven skills in producing and editing web content for Eurasia-based audiences.
- Solid news judgment.
- Sound knowledge of Eurasian region’s politics/current events.
Skills and abilities:
Ability to plan, coordinate and promote news content. Ability to build relationships/rapport with newsroom staffers in the variety of media outlets.
- A native fluency in Russian, together with a professional English are required for this post. A good command of Azeri, Belarusian, Georgian, Romanian or Ukrainian, would be an advantage.
- Ability to plan, commission and coordinate the creation of auxiliary and interactive content, including advanced digital and motion graphics elements.
- Ability to negotiate/exercise diplomacy where necessary.
- Highly developed communication skills (both face-to-face and distance).
- Ability to make decisions with authority and under pressure and to identify, prioritise and interpret key media content of the day. Ability to manage resources, technical facilities and budgets, in order to help create original content.
- A sound appreciation of web content production, social-media and multimedia production techniques.
The successful candidate will be required to work irregular and long hours, including weekends, public holidays and standby shifts.
The process of selection includes several stages. Only shortlisted candidates will be invited to the next stages of selection that includes written test and personal interviews.