An international media project serving Russian-language audiences is looking for experienced media professionals to work as a Duty Editors in its Prague office. This position requires at least 3-5 years of experience in the Eurasia-serving media as well as great editorial and communication skills. Working as a part of a busy small team, you will have to demonstrate a sound news judgment, an ability to commission, fact-check and edit news stories as well as the longer text formats, multimedia and social networks content.
Working with remote teams, you will need great communication skills: a good ear to understand their needs and the ability to explain yours.
If you are a native level Russian speaker, fluent in at least one other regional language (a good command of English will be an advantage, too), have at least 3-5 years of professional journalistic experience, video producing and editing for a variety of platforms, then … send your CV and motivational letter to firstname.lastname@example.org by 20 May 2018. Candidates with residencies/work permits in Czech Republic and/or the EU/EEA citizenship have strong preference in the selection process. Applications will be reviewed on first come – first serve basis and the selection may end before the deadline.
Expected start date: June 2018
Expected level of employment: full-time
- To coordinate between multiple newsrooms.
- To oversee the production and delivering cutting-age video content across multiple platforms, including social media platforms as Facebook, Twitter, Instagram or Youtube. The successful candidate will understand the technical, editorial and creative requirements for web.
- To plan, process and distribute content created in various countries in Eurasian region, coordinate and manage the creation of new content as well as contribute to the development of new, innovative formats for the web.
- To contribute to knowledge-sharing environment of the project.
- To perform and manage the processing of everyday media content.
Knowledge and expertise:
- At least 3-5 years’ combined experience as a video or multimedia journalist/editor, reporter, producer.
- Proven track record of producing/editing multimedia news content.
- Sound knowledge of Eurasian region’s politics/current events. A highly developed editorial judgment and awareness.
- A proven track record of expertise in video editing.
- Good experience with digital technology and editing software packages (e.g. Premiere, After Effects and Final Cut).
- An expert level of social media literacy.
Skills and abilities:
- Ability to plan, coordinate and promote news content. Ability to build relationships/rapport with newsroom staffers in the variety of media outlets.
- A native fluency in Russian, together with a professional English are required for this post. A good command of Azeri, Belarusian, Georgian, Romanian or Ukrainian, would be an advantage.
- Ability to plan, commission and coordinate the creation of auxiliary and interactive content, including advanced digital and motion graphics elements.
- Ability to negotiate/exercise diplomacy where necessary.
- Highly developed communication skills (both face-to-face and distance).
- Ability to make decisions with authority and under pressure and to identify, prioritise and interpret key FPEE content of the day. Ability to manage resources, technical facilities and budgets, in order to help create original content.
- A sound appreciation of web content production, social-media and multimedia production techniques.
The successful candidate will be required to work irregular and long hours, including weekends, public holidays and standby shifts.
The process of selection includes several stages. Only shortlisted candidates will be invited to the next stages of selection that includes written test and personal interviews.
Work in conjunction with Producers, other Video Editors and colleagues to create and design effects that may be used as a template for others to follow.