Bulgaria, Czech Republic, Hungary, Poland, Romania and Slovakia
Free Press for Eastern Europe is looking for five Country Coordinators to support local capacities of independent news gathering on medical issues in their respective countries.
Free Press for Eastern Europe (FPEE) is a non-for-profit organisation from Prague, Czech Republic and supports independent media and journalists in Eastern Europe. From October 2021 till September 2022, we will implement “SCIENCE+“, a pilot project that aims to build a community of organizations and experts from Europe and beyond committed to increasing the quality of medical reporting and building bridges between journalists, editors, and scientists who work on health-related issues.
FPEE believes that by training science journalists and investing in capacity building of independent media, it will increase responsible and trustworthy reporting on public health and other medical topics in Eastern Europe. FPEE will also facilitate a unique network of academics, journalists, science editors and media outlets to share the best practices in health reporting and science journalism in Bulgaria, Czech Republic, Hungary, Poland, Romania and Slovakia.
For the design of our training and further networking activities, Free Press for Eastern Europe is currently looking for Country Coordinators who would be key for building relations with media and journalists, experts and factcheckers in their respective countries.
- Relevant education and experience in one or more of these fields – journalism, media development, communication, social entrepreneurship and alike.
- Tangible track records in successfully supported projects, including project monitoring and evaluation. Has experience with reporting.
- Knowledge of and relevant network among media and journalists in at least one of these countries: Bulgaria, Czech Republic, Hungary, Poland, Romania and Slovakia.
- Excellent communication skills and intercultural sensitivity.
- Proficient in English and a native speaker of at least one of the target countries’ languages.
- Well-developed security awareness.
- Ability to participate in multiple weekly (online) meetings with FPEE and FPU staff, consultants such as trainers, the projects coordinator and project officer
- Work collaboratively and communicate adequately with the Free Press for Eastern Europe team.
- A strong networker
- Proactive and self-directing
- Experienced in project management and coordination
- Experienced with project evaluation methods
- Willing and able to travel (within Europe) when needed
- Ability to work on an independent consultancy contract of 10 months (on peak moments full time availability is desired).
No conflict of interest appears when it comes to project’s realisation.
FPEE will be co-running this cross-border collaboration together with Free Press Unlimited (Amsterdam). The Country Coordinator will report to FPU’s programme coordinator and FPEE’s director.
We offer an output-based part time freelance contract, in a dynamic international environment with an NGO-based compensation package. FPEE uses fair selection criteria based on equal opportunities.
The expected start date is the second half of December 2021. The closing date for this post may be brought forward or extended depending on the volume and strength of applications.
Interested candidates are requested to send their CV, cover letter and 3 references in English before 15th December 2021 to hr[at]fpee.eu clearly expressing the country of interest in their motivation letter. Please, state the country you’re applying for in the title of your email, as well as your name and desired position. Example: POLAND – Grzegorz Brzęczyszczykiewicz – Country coordinator.
By sending us a CV and motivation letter, the candidate gives us the consent to use her/his personal data for the recruitment process.
We reserve the right to contact selected applicants before the deadline date. Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
A screening and references are part of the application process.