Call for offers: Quantitative survey in Poland
Within the framework of the project SCIENCE+, Free Press for Eastern Europe is announcing a call for offers to contract a research organisation to undertake a national survey in Poland.
SCIENCE+ is a new platform and joint venture between Free Press for Eastern Europe (FPEE) and Free Press Unlimited (FPU) to increase the quantity and quality of science journalism in six countries: Czechia, Poland, Hungary, Slovakia, Bulgaria and Romania
About Free Press Unlimited
Free Press for Eastern Europe is a non-for-profit organisation registered in Prague, Czech Republic, that supports independent media and quailty journalism in Europe and Central Asia.
Scope of Work
The assignment will be performed under the direct supervision of FPEE represented its consultant. FPEE will provide the survey questions and will closely collaborate with the service provider throughout the entire process to ensure successful administration of the study. Within the study, the selected provider will:
- Set up a national sample of respondents. The proposed sample design should make it possible to compare results by sex, age, area, education level and spoken language within and across the countries.
- Ensure translation of the survey questions provided by FPEE into the Polish language.
- Provide options and price quotations for two options of the survey: 1) The length of the survey will not exceed 10 questions, time necessary for answering them will not exceed 15 minutes. 2) The length of the survey will not exceed 15 questions, time necessary for answering them will not exceed 20 minutes.
- Conduct the fieldwork.
- Process and analyse the data by performing cleaning, weighting, variable coding and recoding, frequencies, crosstabs and regressions.
- Prepare individual country report based on the research results.
- Submit the report in English.
- Ensure that the reports is well-designed with relevant aspects of data visualization.
- The assignment should be conducted following the health regulations in the context of Covid-19 pandemic.
Requirements for Applicants
- The survey should be carried out by a research organisation with presence and experience of representative national surveys in Poland.
- The organisation should be able to complete the polling before 01 April 2022.
- Fluency in English is obligatory and Polish is an advantage.
- Only officially registered organisations are eligible to submit the offers.
How to apply
All interested organisations should send an expression of interest to email@example.com until March 15, 16:00 (CET). Successful applicants will be notified about the results of the process no later than March 18th by 16.00. An expression of interest must be submitted by the lead of the consortium and must include the following documents:
- Portfolio of the applicant.
- Resume of at least 1 key researcher.
- Overview of the methodology and timeframe of the activity.
- Evidence of quantitative data collection from a national sample .
- Price quotation. All proposal prices indicated in the financial proposal should be quoted in GBP.
Late and incomplete applications won’t be considered. Evaluation will be based on technical and organisational capacity, experience o on the price quality ratio of the proposal.
Note to the EU-based organisations and individuals:All the data collected during the assignment will be owned by FPEE and the tasks must be completed in full compliance with the FPEE’s confidentiality standards and applicable international and national legislation on privacy and data protection.