Free Press for Eastern Europe is looking for an experienced financial officer and grant manager to support its ongoing activities in the target region.
Please, send us your CV and cover letter to info [at] fpee [dot] eu if you think that you qualify as per the requirements below:
Practical, technical and specialized skills
- This position requires a high level of skill and experience in accounting and finance.
- Must have excellent technical knowledge of Excel, double-entry and accrual method of accounting.
- Must have knowledge and experience working on donor funded projects and multiple exchange rates.
- Must be fluent in using encrypted file sharing, including through PGP, VPN and other secure channels. Requires strong written communication and reporting skills in English, Russian and/or Czech. Knowledge of at least one more Eastern European or Central Asian language is an asset.
- Strong ability to plan, organise and ensure deadlines are met.
- Strong ability to work collaboratively with other departments and ensure overall outcomes are met.
- Ability to conduct reviews of quality and implement improvements.
Human relations skills
- Must be a good team player and able to gain the trust of and communicate with all staff members.
- Demonstrated cultural competence and strength in appreciating and managing diversity.
- Demonstrated interpersonal effectiveness with track record of taking initiative, leading through influence, and working with a team to achieve success. Not seeking confrontation but demonstrating the ability to settle personal and professional differences in the workplace via existing structures.
- Work under strict timelines and be able to adapt to changing environment.
- Strong ability to drive for results while dealing with ambiguity. Work with minimal supervision but within strict GAAP accounting principles and clear HR procedures
- Must be critical thinker and pay high attention to detail and accuracy.
- Must be able to develop new concepts and approaches contributing significantly to the development of the partners. Must be able to analyse and present different sources of data to enable informed decision making.
- Must be self-motivated, take initiative and work with high degree of autonomy within internationally accepted standards and the organisation’s policies and mandate.
- Must take full responsibility to ensure accurate and responsible presentation of project expenses to ensure the sustained funding of the operation. Ensure all legal compliance for operational sustainability.
Candidates with the following added value will be preferred
- Degree in business or accounting or equivalent qualification in relevant subject with proven finance and accounting skills.
- A minimum of 3 years of successful experience as finance and project administrator in development cooperation, NGO or in an international organisation
- Strong other computer skills, including MS Word, MS Excel and internet applications
- Full-time position in a small and dynamic team based in Prague (with an occasional travel)
- Collaboration with a diverse team of highly talented people in an open, laidback environment
- Professional development suited to your individual talents through international knowledge exchange
- Priority of work-life balance with the possibility of flexible hours of work
- The contract is for 1 year with the possibility of extension based on achieved results and available funding
Please, note, that only selected candidates will be invited for a job interview. We expect the successful candidate to start not later than August 2022.